Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Learn some words of the vanishing tribe:The Jarawas of Andaman

Jarawa-----English
A Ham -Morning
Daag-Coconut
Aale Mama-I will come tomorrow
Eig-Water
Aotal-Bamboo
Ent-Bathe
Antapo-It is good
Ena Jababa-Come
Aot Kohalo-Kill
Enat Thae-Sit
Anodae-Hair
Ekdda-Here
Anae Hpo-Eyes
Euli-Stone
Anna Ho-Teeth
Fara Va Ae-Swim
Anno Tahe-Cheeks
Hakada Enat-Sit here
Anna Aal-Shoulder
Kalag-Roof
Anol-Finger
Katu Paalae-Deer
Ano Paeta-Nail
Kaaya-Mother
Aan-Yes
Kakma D Ekda Aale Mama-You must not come tomorrow?
Boa-Pig
Kkma Me Ekda Aale Ma Nrima-I will not come tomorrow
Chav -It is good
Lee-Third man
Chavaya-Take a walk
Me Ulida-I am ill
D Tangi-Are you getting married to a girl or not?
Motha-Head
D Tangav-Are you getting married to a man or not?
Meta Jil-Friend
D Tomo-You are good
Me Ulaeda-I am ill
D Aat-Sit down
Maaye-My child
D Aalae-Lie down
Maap-Elder brother
D Aomo=Go to sleep
Ma Da m-My wife
D Aata Enat=You sit
Magi=My husband
D Aote=Man who is sitting
Mi Aallema=I will be back
D T Kune=Stand up
Naagi=Your husband
D Chavaya=Let's go
Napu=Fish
D Baro=You are good
Piti piti=Bad
D Chapte=Climb up
Paincha=Me Dead
D Chagi=You Alight
Pil=Bear
D Tale=Night
Tag Utu=Ship
D Vage Aativa=What's your husband's name?
Tuh=Fire
D Vagam Aativa=What's your wife's name?
Tapo=Want
D Ativa=What's your name
Thooye=Girl
D Achaela Aatiba=How many children have you?
Unnu=Come here
D Aeti Oon=All go
Ummu=Father
D Aati Fet=Run away
Vaannaam =His wife
Daa=Son
Vaagi =Her husband
Ya Kota=Elder brother